Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Milo Mittens!

Milo!

My little guy. My fluffa-muffin. Schmorker-porkers. Lil' Boogs...Milo Mittens.

Milo is a Scottish fold. Which generally would mean that his ears would be folded like a fortune cookie but, unfortunately, those adorable ears come at a price! So I decided to skip the folded ears all together. You see, you can't breed 2 Scottish Folds together, they end up deformed, and so you have to breed them with either British Shorthairs or Persians. About half of the kittens will end up with folded ears and the others will get normal ears. Being on a budget when I was kitten shopping I decided that paying $500 for fortune cookie ears was a little silly, so we ended up with Milo, the "Perk Eared Fold".

Milo was such a little trooper today. I took him to the vet to get fixed and when I picked him up he looked like this:


Within minutes however, the little knucklehead was trying to chase around a toy mouse but was too dizzy to really be that much of a threat. Anyways, all of that to say, I'm really proud of my brave guy and I'm so happy that he's home :)

1 comment:

  1. Milo is simply delicious! I am in love. He was very brave indeed.

    ReplyDelete